Connect with Liz
About Liz Willey
I am so excited to introduce you to my first guest, Liz Willey, who is one of my favorite people of all time. She’s my sister and we talk nearly every day, sometimes multiple times per day. She’s a pediatric speech-language pathologist turned personal trainer who is passionate about giving regular people the tools to make fitness a part of their everyday life. Although Liz was athletic growing up, once she graduated high school and stopped playing team sports, for many years, fitness just wasn’t part of her life.
When she did find her way back to fitness in her 20’s her goal was simply to lose weightand the habit didn’t stick. But after having her second child, she started exercising regularly again. This time it was less about weight loss and more about wanting to just feel good.
If you enjoyed this episode, please consider buying me a cup of coffee
In this episode we talk about:
- What sports and fitness meant to Liz
- Liz’s low-grade self-destructive college years
- How Zumba changed Liz’s life
- Making the shift from exercising for aesthetic reasons to working out just for the joy of it
- Liz’s relationship with alcohol and exploring sober life
- The challenges of a mid-life career change
- How making YouTube videos is actually just like… LIFE
- How breaking a challenge down into smaller chunks can make it less scary
- How surrounding herself with a great support system helps her face challenges
- Letting go of habits that don’t serve you
- Finding the sweet spot between trying to level up and feeling like you’re enough as you are
- Trusting yourself and allowing your curiosity to guide you to the next step
- What you can expect when you take a virtual group fitness class with Liz
For full episode details click here.
**Visit my website to get your FREE guide to crushing Impostor Syndrome**
Want to know my secrets for getting published in top publications? They’re all in my e-book, 7 Pitches That Sold. Use the code realfit50 to get half off.