Jamie Gold is a self-proclaimed couch potato turned athlete;
In the wake of the financial crisis of 2008, she was sedentary and as she put it “checked out” when her husband announced he wanted a divorce. Knowing something had to change, she started swimming laps in her neighborhood pool.
Today she’s Mayo Clinic Certified Wellness Coach, wellness design consultant, and the author of three books. The latest, which is Wellness by Design, gives people actionable strategies to modify their homes in ways that support their health- on any budget.
Since turning 50, she’s done marathons, half marathons, obstacle course races including a Spartan trifecta, and has summited Mt. Whitney, the highest peak in the lower 48 states. This December she’ll summit Mt Kilimanjaro.
In this episode, Jamie talks really openly about how she changed her life, how she’s fallen – literally along the way, and why she keeps getting back up. If you need a dose of positivity today, you will find it here! She also gives practical suggestions on how your home can help you recover better for your next workout.
Connect with Jamie
Wellness Wednesdays on Clubhouse:
Website: https://jamiegold.net/ (Visit now to take a free quiz: Is your home supporting your health or sabotaging it?)
In this episode, we talked about…
- Growing up in Brooklyn, Jamie didn’t like gym and was always picked last for teams
- Weight cycling during her teens
- Switching careers – media executive to interior design
- Falling into a habit of coming home from work to crash on the couch and snack
- How her divorce was a wake-up call, sparking a commitment to a healthy lifestyle
- Moving from Florida to San Diego after her divorce
- Gradually building fitness, focusing on the exercise she was capable of doing without access to a gym
- How volunteering at a Tough Mudder finish line changed Jamie’s life
- How she trained for her first obstacle course, a Spartan race
- From obstacle racing to half marathons to a full marathon. summiting Mt. Whitney (the highest peak in the lower 48 states) – all in her 50’s
- How to inspire yourself
AND so much more!!!
For full details click here.
If you enjoyed this episode, please consider buying me a cup of coffee
Have a question you'd like me to answer on the podcast?
Ask me here
**Visit my website to get your FREE guide to crushing Impostor Syndrome**
Want to know my secrets for getting published in top publications? They’re all in my e-book, 7 Pitches That Sold. Use the code realfit50 to get half