TW: Suicidal thoughts
How do you let go of restrictive dieting and a lifetime of people-pleasing to ultimately embrace intuitive eating and start living a life that honors your true needs, desires, and values?
Food freedom & mindset coach, author, speaker, and award-winning fitness professional Kim Basler takes a deep, vulnerable, insight-filled dive into that question in this episode. Kim flipped her professional and personal life upside down when she admitted that dieting and perfectionism were destroying her mental and physical health.
I suggest preparing to be inspired and having a tissue ready before you listen. Kim’s honesty about some truly tough stuff is such a gift.
- Beginning to diet at a young age
- The pressure to “look fit” as a fitness professional
- Searching for validation through weight loss and professional success
- The breaking point where Kim knew her life was no longer sustainable
- Managing the uncomfortable feelings that came with weight gain as she became an intuitive eater
- The power of mirror work as part of the intuitive eating journey
- What it looks like to respect your body
- What it feels like to separate your weight from your worth
- How to change your self-talk
Connect with Kim
READY TO STOP STRESSING ABOUT FOOD, EXERCISE, AND YOUR BODY?
💌 Subscribe to the Real Nourished newsletter and get my FREE guide, 11 Things You Can Do Right Now to Feel Better About Your Body!).
💖 Click here to learn about my 1:1 coaching services.